The Psychosocial coordinator will Implement ideas for psychosocial programs with youth, women, children and vulnerable groups in target sites. The incumbent will plan, deliver and establish regular activities and schedules for motivation, team building and peace building purposes with beneficiaries and work closely with the Animators to achieve the objectives of the project.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implementing psychosocial activities and providing psychological consultations on regular basis.
- Assess the beneficiaries’ psychological condition by using psychological tools to detect the vulnerable cases and ensure psychological follow-up. Improve the beneficiaries’ mental health wellbeing and psychosocial conditions.
- Supporting the Animators by providing guidance and regular capacity building for the implementation of qualitative psychosocial care and mental health activities.
- Assisting the Animators in the identification of beneficiaries in need of specific psychological counseling and ensuring individual or group support for identified beneficiaries.
- Ensure all work with beneficiaries is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
- Participate in the preparation of accurate progress reports for all Psycho-social related activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
The ideal candidate for the job opportunity must possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social sciences, Counseling, or any other closely related field.
- Expertise and experience in mental health and psycho-social support field preferably in a humanitarian setting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ direct experience in psycho-social Support.
- Good communication skills, team player and has flexibility in work.
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and Psychosocial Support key messages to beneficiaries.
- Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the local languages (Arabic, Kakwa, Madi) is an added advantage.