The project officer will also be a Bonga Supervisor and will be responsible for providing technical and academic assistance to the animators and not to find out the mistakes of the animators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of the Bonga Activities.
- Perform Coordination roles between the project team and the management of RICE-WN.
- Ensuring timely procurement and distribution of necessary materials to Bonga centres.
- Arranging for trainings according to the planned activities.
- Responsible for reports and their distribution to stakeholders.
- Ensure linkage and lobbying with different institutions.
- Organizing coordination and monthly refresher meetings for animators
- Arrange for Budgeting, Implementing, Monitoring and Auditing of the Bonga intervention
- Responsible for compliance for ensuring quality of the programme is not compromised
- Ensure that community, including the parents are fully involved in the Bonga project activities. xi. Ensure cross-learning (exchange visits) across the different Bonga centres within the same location.
Qualifications, Skills and experience
- A minimum of Diploma in education or social work or its equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in working with adolescent boys and girls. iii. Experience and skills of conducting training and drawing action plans
- Be knowledge in adolescent management in the area of life skills, Sexual reproductive health, HIV, economic empowerment etc.
- Ability to solve problems facing children, young people and women or ability to advocate for them in the community.
- Should have a clear understanding of a project cycle, result-based monitoring, taking corrective actions and data collection especially through observation method.
- Knowledge of local or commonly used language is an added advantage