(23) i.e. 19 (refugees) and 4 (nationals)
The Animator will support the implementation of Programme for Adolescent and Children’s Education and Social Empowerment (PACES) in Palorinya Refugee settlement. He/she will play a key role in mobilizing the project beneficiaries for the different project activities and coordinating RICE-WN with other key stakeholders at the district, sub-counties and settlement.
Key duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mobilize the target groups for RICE WN project activities.
- Work closely with stakeholders in implementing the project activities.
- Train beneficiaries on the different approaches as required by the project.
- Monitor project activities.
- Participate in moderating/translating in the local language where need be.
- Prepare activity reports and work plans.
- Fully present at the centers
- Works in IGAs with the groups
- Collaborate with supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum qualification of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE), Certificate in Agriculture, Social work, business administration, education, and any other related field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a resident of the project area (Palorinya refugee settlement or host community)
- Must have experience working with refugees and host communities preferably with children and youth.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability and experience working with children and adolescents.
- Ability to speak the local language especially Arabic, Kakwa, Madi, etc.
- Report writing skills
- Be enthusiastic and dedicated to work.
- Letter from RWC1 / LC1 of residence.
- Be between 20-30 years of age.
- Not currently employed working with another organization